Comparison list for best manager behaviours: the good boss
Do you have fond memories about a particularly good boss you knew in the past? Or perhaps you dread the thought of being like that awful boss that you once had. I bet you couldn’t wait to leave them behind.
being a bad boss is a barrier to productivity!
So, here are four major types of bad boss that you will not want to emulate:
- Micro-manager– nit picking, in your face.
- Tyrant – loud, bullying.
- Overly laissez-faire – offers no guidance and leaves people to sink or swim.
- me, Me, ME – grabs employees’ work and ideas by taking full credit for themselves.
Of course, none of these could be you surely?
Well, I am willing to bet that you want to be a great boss, able to succeed through your team.
Inspiring tips to succeed as a manager
Accordingly, when you are a good boss, you enthuse your employees. Furthermore you will encourage volunteers to take on projects. Try these great but simple tips to guide your employees to achieve excellent performance.
- NOTICE, APPRECIATE and RESPOND to your employees.
- Treat all FAIRLY and with RESPECT.
- Be FLEXIBLE to meet changing needs of the business and team.
- Understand your own VALUES and live up to them CONSISTENTLY.
- Take RESPONSIBILITY for your team and yourself.
- MOTIVATE by setting clear goals, monitor performance.
- COACH your team to deliver results.
Remember that people don’t leave organisations but they leave their boss*. When your employees perform well, your own reputation as their manager is enhanced. Most definitely good enough reason to ensure that your manager-techniques are top notch!
*(Attributed to Marcus Buckingham in “First Break All The Rules”. http://amzn.to/2fmf0XT)
© Christine de Caux 2016 All rights reserved
Why not sign up to receive news and posts from Fantastic Managers! Be the first to hear about additional material, complimentary mini courses and full expert courses.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’I would like to receive news and posts from www.fantastic-managers.com’ type=’checkbox’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
is the online home for CdeC Solutions, created by Christine de Caux, HR Consultant Coach
Mailing address: CdeC Solutions,The Apex,2 Sheriffs Orchard,Coventry CV1 3PP, UK